Duluth, Minnesota Climate & Temperature
- Duluth, Minnesota, Usa is at 46°50'N, 92°11'W, 432 m (1417 ft). See map.
- Duluth, Minnesota has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Duluth, Minnesota is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 3.6 degrees Celsius (38.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 32.8 °C (59°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -6.9°C (19.5°F) on average falling to -16.8°C (1.8°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.7°C (47.7°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -2.2°C (28°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 23.4°C (74.1°F) and average low temperatures are 11.3°C (52.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 10.3°C (50.5°F) during the day and lows of 0.9°C (33.7°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 761.9 mm (30 inches) which is equivalent to 761.9 Litres/m² (18.69 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2528 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Duluth, Minnesota you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Duluth, Minnesota Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Duluth, Minnesota Climate Graph in Metric Units
Duluth, Minnesota Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Duluth, Minnesota, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- International Falls, Minnesota, Usa - 212.9 kms (132.3 miles) NNW
- Winnibigoshish Dam, Mn, Usa - 139.2 kms (86.5 miles) W
- Pokegama Dam, Mn, Usa - 139.2 kms (86.5 miles) W
- Pine River Dam, Mn, Usa - 139.2 kms (86.5 miles) W
- Leech Lake Dam, Mn, Usa - 139.2 kms (86.5 miles) W
- Sandy Lake Dam Libby, Mn, Usa - 64.7 kms (40.2 miles) WNW
- Park Rapids, Mn, Usa - 218.8 kms (136 miles) W
- St. Cloud/ Whitney, Mn, Usa - 203.4 kms (126.4 miles) SW
- Farmington , Mn, Usa - 213.4 kms (132.6 miles) SSW
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, Usa - 231.1 kms (143.6 miles) SSW
- Chaska, Mn, Usa - 252.5 kms (156.9 miles) SSW
- Atikokan, On, Canada - 218.3 kms (135.7 miles) N
- Two Harbors, Mn, Usa - 44.3 kms (27.5 miles) ENE
- Ashland, Wi, Usa - 91.8 kms (57 miles) ENE
- Spooner, Wi, Usa - 114.6 kms (71.2 miles) SSE
- Medford, Wi, Usa - 236.2 kms (146.8 miles) SE